Ralph and Marciel Werking Food Pantry @ Northwood
CLOSED SATURDAY JUNE 30TH
The Food Pantry is open Saturday mornings from 9:30am to 11:30am. (excluding holidays)
The food pantry @ Northwood is currently funded and staffed in partnership with First Meridian Heights Presbyterian Church, but is always open and welcoming to anyone wanting to volunteer. Volunteers are asked to arrive 1/2 hour before and stay 1/2 hour after food pantry. If you would like more information about how you can volunteer please contact the church at 317-283-1352.
For information on other food pantries in your area call 211 or go to www.connect2help211.org.
In an effort to provide items not typically supplied by food pantry's, Northwood encourages not only CASH DONATIONS but collection of an "ITEM OF THE MONTH". In Partnership with First Meridian Heights Presbyterian Church, Northwood members and those wishing to donate, we ask for your help in collecting the following items:
September/October: Plain Rice (1 or 2 lb. bag/box; Dish Soap (regular size bottle) November/December: Spaghetti (1 lb. box/bag); Men's Razors (disposable) & Women's Hygiene Supplies January/February: Peanut Butter (16 oz jars); Laundry Soap (no giant containers) March/April: Canned Pasta with Meat (e.g. spaghetti O's, Mini-raviolis): Bath Soap (bars) May/June: Canned Fruit; Toilet Paper July/August: Chunk White Chicken in water (5 oz cans); Diapers (newborn thru size 6)
What is Fresh Bucks?
Fresh Bucks helps Hoosier families eat healthy while supporting local farmers. Fresh Bucks is a SNAP incentive program used at Indianapolis area Farmers’ Markets and grocery stores. A SNAP user’s benefits go further by doubling purchasing power, up to $20, on fruits and veggies, nuts and seeds, herbs, mushrooms, and edible plants that you can take home and grow your own produce.
2018 C.A.R.E. Pantry Program
Summer Food Service Program
Food that's in when School is Out!
The Summer Food Service Program for 2018
The Summer Food Service Program for Children (SFSP) was created to serve nutritious meals to children when National School Lunch and School Breakfast Program meals are not available. To ensure all children receive proper nutrition throughout the year, SFSP reimburses organizations that prepare and serve meals to eligible children during the summer and school vacation periods.
- Avondale Meadows YMCA (317)-549-9622 6/11-7/21 Mon/Tue/Wed/Thu/Fri Breakfast 8:30am / Lunch 11:30am
- Building Blocks Academy (317)-327-7466 6/04-8/03 Mon/Tue/Wed/Thu/Fri Breakfast 7:30am / Lunch 10:30am
- College Library (317)-327-7466 6/11-8/03 Mon/Tue/Wed/Thu/Fri Snack 3:15pm
- Georgetown Apartments (317)-327-7466 6/11-8/03 Mon/Tue/Wed/Thu/Fri Lunch 11:30am
- Our Redeemer Lutheran Church 6/11-7/31 Mon/Tue/Wed/Thu/Fri/Sat Supper
- True Vine MBC 6/09-7/28 Sun Lunch 1:30pm
- 356 Frances W Parker School 56 6/03-7/30 Mon/Tue/Wed/Thu/Fri Lunch 11:00am
- Tindley Charter School 6/11-7/06 Mon/Tue/Wed/Thu/Fri Lunch 11:00am
Additional Summer Food Service Programs outside the 46205 zip code can be found at: